Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Banana Dark Chocolate Muffins

Things have changed a lot for me lately. I am no longer living at home with my parents... but instead have moved to Birmingham, am attending Samford University for graduate school (I am getting my Masters in Public Health and doing a Dietetic Internship), and am living with 3 boys. It's weird, I know.

One thing I have learned about living with boys is that they often buy food they have no real intention of eating. Example A: one of my roommates purchased 6 bananas. Bananas go bad quickly. He did not eat a single banana. What happened? I made 3 batches of banana bread and muffins. I think now they're buying bananas just because they know I won't let them go to waste. BUT they were delicious so here I am to share the recipe!!
Here's what you need:
1 stick (8 TBSP) butter
2 very ripe bananas
2 eggs
1.5 C flour
1 C sugar
1 tsp baking soda
0.5-1 C dark chocolate chips (I just eye-balled it because I love chocolate and oftentimes go overboard)

Here's what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and sugar.
3. Beat the eggs and combine with the butter/sugar mix.
4. Mash the bananas and add to the mixture.
5. Mix in flour, sugar, chocolate chips, and baking soda.
6. Pour into muffin pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.

I also made this into bread. I combined the ingredients exactly the same but baked the bread for about 45-60 minutes. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...