Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tomato Dumplings


I came upon this recipe as I was reading the book "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard. It was too tempting not to try myself. With only 3 ingredients, and taking less than 30 minutes to make, I was very impressed. I will definitely be making this again soon!

What You Need:
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato soup
biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grand Homestyle biscuits)

What You Do:
1. Combine the diced tomatoes and tomato soup and bring to a boil.

2. Pinch the biscuits into smaller pieces.

3. Drop the biscuit pieces into the soup until the puff up (once the mixture is boiling). I tasted one before I decided they were ready. They will still be gooey, but they won't taste so raw.

4. Pour yourself and bowl and enjoy!!
Side Note: If you're looking for a good summer read and haven't read the Jaycee Dugard story, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. add some milk and sugar and this is a real country favorite also some butter for the dumplings in your bowl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...