Sunday, August 25, 2013

Smothered Bacon Chicken


Now that school has started, I have to start making my own dinner again (ugh where's my mom when I need her). This year I'm going to try, yet again, to cook more than I go out. It's going to be tough, but I've started out strong.

Tonight I used this super awesome website called Recipe Matcher. What is cool about Recipe Matcher is that you enter in which ingredients you have in your kitchen and it brings up a list of recipes you can make with them!! I decided on bacon wrapped chicken. I cooked it in a sour cream and cream of chicken and mushroom sauce.

Here's what you need:
1 can condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup
4 oz sour cream
Bacon
Chicken breasts

Serves 4

Here's what you do:
1. I cut my chicken breasts in half and wrapped 1 piece of bacon around each half. I then placed them into a 9x13 inch baking dish.

2. Mix the sour cream and soup. Spread the cream over the chicken.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

I ate mine with rice and green beans and used the sauce from the chicken as a gravy. YUM! I made two different ones, one for more and one for my roommate. My roommate's used cream of mushroom and that was tasty too!
Make it healthier: I opted for reduced sodium bacon, light sour cream, and light cream of mushroom and chicken. You could also use brown rice instead of white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...