I was searching for a new and different taco recipe and came across this one. It is so colorful and absolutely delicious. I prepared it for a group of friends and everyone agreed that it was fantastic!
Whole wheat tortillas
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 red bell pepper, cored, and diced
2 tablespoons minced green onion
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper
For the sauce:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons pureed chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
Here's what you do:
1. Make the chipotle sauce by combining all the ingredients. Keep cold in the refrigerator.
2. Cook the quinoa with a pinch of salt and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Stir occasionally and let cool slightly.
3. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Boil in a medium saucepan until tender, around 15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
4. Toss together the potatoes, quinoa, bell pepper, onion, and avocado with 1/4 cup olive oil and 3 tablespoons of lime juice. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
5. Fill each warmed tortilla with 1/4 cup quinoa mixture. Sprinkle each with cilantro, tomatoes, and chipotle sauce.
6. Wrap each tortilla and enjoy!!