Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Peanut Butter Smoothie

Happy 4th of July from Denny and me!!

I hope everyone has had a fantastic Independence Day! I sure did, despite the mild sunburn I managed to achieve. The two hot dogs, patriotic bathing suit, and my pup sporting a bandana definitely made up for it -- how American of me. After a long month of Anatomy and Physiology Part 1, I was relieved to have a few days break before Part 2 began. I went home for about a week, read a pleasure book (whoa), and got to see some friends. A much needed vacation for sure. While home, my sister introduced me to this smoothie she has been making. She eats it just about everyday and can't seem to get enough of it. Loaded with protein, it is perfect for a post-workout drink and is refreshing as a mid-afternoon snack.

Here's what you need:
2 handfuls of ice
2 big spoonfuls of peanut butter
1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp honey
1/4 C milk
All you need to do is combine these ingredients in a blender and blend until you reach a nice, even consistency. The smoothie is very rich and will definitely fill you up! Not to mention it is perfect for this crazy heat we're having here in Alabama!! 
Stay cool and Happy 4th! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...