HAPPY OCTOBER!! I love October. From the leaves turning colors to the pumpkin spice lattes, plus with the weather is finally cooling off... there's so much to love. If you're looking for some quick festive treats check out these goodies from Williams & Sonoma. The muffins and pumpkin butter are divine.
A good friend of mine made some pumpkin granola the other day. She sent me home with a bag and I finished it on the drive home from her house! Whoops. I had her send me the recipe so I could share it with all of you! It would be good on some yogurt, with some fruit, or even in a bowl with some milk poured on top.
Here's what you need:
1/4 C uncooked quinoa, rinsed well and pat dry with a paper towel
1.5 C rolled oats
1/4 C ground flaxseeds
1/4 C pepitas
1/4 C chopped pecans
1/2 C dried cranberries
1/4 C real maple syrup (or honey)
1/4 C pumpkin puree
1 tsp oil (coconut or canola)
1 tsp pumpkin spice (or more to taste)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch kosher salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Spread oats and quinoa out on a parchment lined baking pan. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes and stir once.
3. Remove the oats from the oven, pour the toasted oats into the medium bowl and add the ground flaxseeds, pepitas, pecans, and dried fruit.
4. Reduce the oven to 300 degrees F.
5. In a second bowl, combine maple syrup, pumpkin puree, oil, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
6. Pour over oats and stir together with a spatula.
7. Spread back onto baking sheet and bake an additional 20 minutes, or until golden.