Tuesday, February 21, 2012

healthy microwaving

Being a sophomore in college I know all about time management. I know about being bad at it, being good at it, and wishing I had more time in general. When it comes to cooking food, whatever is quickest is usually the first thing I choose. I challenged myself to make a good dinner using only my microwave. Interesting, yes. I realized that when I think of microwaved meals I think frozen meals and leftovers. I don't even think about baked potatoes, broccoli, or chicken; which is what I fixed last night! I bought a bag of frozen broccoli and heated it up for about 3 minutes. The baked potato took around 5 minutes and I added some cheddar cheese and butter.. The grilled chicken heated up in 30 seconds. This goes to show that good food can take around 9 minutes and involve no actual cooking at all!
So for the other people crunched for time, this is perfect and you won't regret eating it!

"The New Age? It's just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds." - James Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...