Sunday, February 19, 2012

hey mister, throw me a moon pie!

Most people don't know this but Mardi Gras actually began in Mobile, Alabama, not New Orleans!! So being from Mobile I absolutely love Mardi Gras. The parades, floats, beads, moon pies, king cake - it is all spectacular. Everyone downtown is in a festive mood, everything is lit up, and it feels like a different city all together. This weekend I went home to Mobile for Mardi Gras and loved it. I may have only caught 3 beads and 3 moon pies but it was fun regardless. I devoured the moon pies, definitely got my fill of "Fat Tuesday" there!











After Mardi Gras always comes Lent. I typically give up something food-related. I've given up chocolate, candy, soft drinks, and even bread. The year I gave up bread was definitely a challenge. Being a big sandwich eater I had to make a few compromises. I didn't eat any of my regular foods: bagels, muffins, or rolls! This year I am going to be giving up eating meat for 40 days and 40 nights. More specifically, I am giving up poultry and red meat. I am hoping to expand what I eat on a daily basis (more vegetables, different ways to fix meals, etc.) and, of course, observe the Lent Season! We'll see how this goes!!


I have been so super busy that I have not had any time to cook. I am determined to find time this week!


"Let the good times roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...