Thursday, April 26, 2012

Duathlon

Last May I competed in the Infirmary Twilight Duathlon. In this race you start with a 2 mile run, bike 10 miles, and finish up by running 2 more miles. 1 hour and 17 minutes later I crossed the finish line, AND I was the winner of my age group!!! AKA the only person in my age group..... Well this year I'm doing the duathlon again but this time I am doing it as a team. I'm doing the running portion and my friend Adam (super football star) is going to bike. I'm hoping we can beat my time this year!! I'm pretty nervous because I'll be finishing the race up for us and Adam is relatively competitive ("WE MUST WIN"). Regardless though, it will be super fun. With us luck!!

On the menu:
This week in class we made mozzarella cheese! Yes, we MADE CHEESE. It was pretty interesting to see how cheese forms. Going from liquid milk to a cheesy substance was quite the experience. I can now say that I've seen curd form... tasty. We put our homemade cheese onto a homemade pizza!

Before:
 After:
Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...