Thursday, April 12, 2012

Nutella: 5 Different Ways

I am addicted to Nutella. No doubt about it. Nutella is a chocolately hazelnut spread with a consistency similar to that of peanut butter. It is easy to spread, scoop, and easy to eat an entire jar within about ten minutes. This addiction of mine began my senior year of high school and has followed me into my second year of college. I will eat it on just about anything, but mostly I eat it by the spoonful. It is my guilty pleasure, to say the least. There are healthy ways to eat Nutella, but I tend to just dive right on in. I am so in love with it that I am even doing my "origins of food" project on Nutella. In this project, I have been assigned to research the ingredients of my chosen processed food and write about where the ingredients come from and how they are made. It has been quite interesting to say the least. Needing some healthy inspiration, and a few new ways to eat Nutella, I found a handful of delicious looking ways to eat it. Nutella is advertised as a breakfast food and here are a few ways to eat it (I wouldn't recommend eating it by the spoonful!!).

1. Nutella Covered Strawberries: one of my favorites for sure. Rinse a few strawberries, dab some Nutella on top, and you've got yourself a delicious snack!

2. Nutella and Pretzels: sweet and salty, who doesn't like that?

3. Nutella and Banana Sandwich: perfect for a sweet, nutritious, and sustaining breakfast!

4. Nutella Crepes: Crepes are thin little pancakes (crepe recipe). Once they are done, spread a thin layer of nutella and roll the crepe into a spiral! You can also slice just about any kind of fruit (strawberries, bananas, raspberries, etc.) and roll it into the crepe. Delicious!

5. Nutella Cupcakes: and for desert try out a nutella cupcake! I found an easy recipe online!

1 comment:

  1. YOu are indeed a girl after my heart! I LOVE Nutella! I have eaten whole jars of it in one sitting! It is sinful! I would prefer it to expensive chocolates any day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...