Monday, April 23, 2012

Exam Week, Stress Week


For me, the most stressful weeks out of the semester include the week of and weeks before finals exams. I am already feeling the pressure of my upcoming finals. Stress is a terrible part of exam week and can even negatively influence your final results. Here are a few ways to help manage your stress during this tough time of the year!


1. Limit your caffeine intake: I'm not one to talk, I frequently use caffeine to get me through long nights in the library. Drinking too much caffeine can make you more irritable and after time can even make you lose concentration. Keep it under control and make sure to drink enough water. Water will reduce headaches and help keep you hydrated! 
2. Exercise: 
    • Walk around: Take a 10 minute break and walk around the neighborhood it can help clear your head. After the walk come back and you'll feel refreshed and be refocused.
    • Stretch it out: look up a few yoga poses! I know I'll be sore from bending over my books so take a few minutes, breathe deep, and relax.
    • Go to a class at the gym: the student rec center at my school offers exercise classes throughout the day. One of my favorite is Zumba! Try one out! It'll get you to relax and have some fun!

3. Make time to socialize: If you're like me, you get engulfed in the books and don't even realize you haven't seen any friends. Being alone for so long can take a toll on you! Meet a friend at a coffee shop, go to dinner, or even meet up for some studying. The company can help ease your stress and will keep you sane!
4. Catch some Zzz's: I have plenty of friends pull all-nighters for exams and I simply cannot understand how they do it. Sleep helps consolidate memories, helps you learn better, and keeps you refreshed. It is important to get at least 8 hours of sleep each night, even during exam week!

Try these out and good luck on finals!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...