Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Little Bit Of Passover

I went home this weekend for Easter and so I could attend my family's annual Passover supper. My grandmother hosts the dinner at her house and cooks most of the food. I am always quite impressed by how fantastically my grandmother pulls the dinner together. She's quite a superwoman. My favorite part of Passover has to be the matzo balls. They are salty, soft, and simply delicious. I have never made them for myself, but I have watched my grandmother make them and have helped some too. I have observed enough to know that making matzo balls is not very challenging. It actually only has about five ingredients. FIVE! For something so delicious and easy, I definitely need to start making these for myself!! 


Ingredients:
3 tablespoons margarine, melted
2 eggs
1 cup matzo meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water (or as needed)


Directions:
1. In a bowl, whisk together the margarine and eggs until well blended. Combine the matzo meal and salt. Lightly stir into the egg mixture until the liquid is absorbed and the meal is damp. Mix the water so the mixture holds together but isn't too wet. Cover the refrigerate while bringing the water to a boil.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. When the water is at a full boil remove the matzo mixture from the refrigerator. Using wet hands, shape spoonfuls of the dough into balls. Don't pack the balls too tightly.



3. Drop the balls into the boiling water and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from the water and serve.








TADA!!

Happy Easter and Happy Passover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...