2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
2 teaspoons wasabi powder
2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 (4-ounce) tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
1 tablespoon wasabi powder
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 table spoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sliced green onions
1. combine the first five ingredients, rub over tuna. Cover the tuna and chill for 30 minutes.
2. combine wasabi and water. Let stand for five minutes. Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and soy sauce.
3. Place steaks on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill for five minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. We used a George Foreman grill, so we grilled for a total of 12 minutes.
4. Serve with wasabi cream, sprinkle with onions.
Calories from fat: 30%
Fat: 20.3 g (Saturated Fat: 2.4 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g)
Protein: 41.3 g
Carbohydrates: 9.7 g
Fiber: 0.9 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Iron: 4.4 mg
Sodium: 500 mg
Calcium: 47 mg
(From Time Inc. Lifestyle Group)
Health Benefits From Fish:
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (found in fish) is essential to keeping your heart and brain healthy!1. Help maintain a healthy heart by lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of heart attack, strokes, and abnormal heart rhythms.
2. Aid in healthy brain function
3. Helps in infant development of vision and nerves during pregnancy
4. May decrease the risk of depression, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, dementia, and ADHD