Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Avocado Grilled Cheese: My Way

I FINALLY got the time to cook today! As I said earlier, I saw an avocado grilled cheese on Pinterest and was determined to make one for myself. I went to Publix and decided to buy a package of pitas instead of a loaf of bread (change number one to Pinterest's recipe). I found the avocados and the tomatoes beside them caught my eye (change number two). Next: the cheese. The cheese on Pinterest looked like American cheese, but I decided on shredded mozzarella (change number three). I went home and decided to put it all together. I opened the pita and cut up the tomato and avocado. I sprinkled the mozzarella around the pita, put the tomato and avocado in, then spied the mushrooms in the fridge (change number four). So, in the end, I had a pita with melted mozzarella, sliced tomato, avocado, and mushrooms. Completely different from the original idea!! I cut up the other half of the avocado, sprinkled some Tony's Creole seasoning on it and devoured that! I also put a spoonful of hummus on the side and ate that with some triscuits. 


In the end, I couldn't finish it but it was totally delicious and didn't take much time at all!

"Anything is good if it's made of chocolate." - Jo Brand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...