Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Back to school! (ROLL TIDE)



I returned to school yesterday after a fabulous Christmas break. I'm glad to be back, but being at home was great. Since I was home for almost an entire month, the kitchen in my apartment is completely empty. I felt real college-girl like when I fixed myself a peanut butter and nutella sandwich. Quick, easy, cheap... definitely back at school!!


When I woke up this morning knowing I had to go grocery shopping at some point today. First day back, got to make something yummy! My original plan was to make an avocado grilled cheese sandwich (an idea I got from pinterest). It looked AMAZING online but when I got to the store I couldn't find a single avocado. New plan: salad and pasta. I bought some lettuce, strawberries, sliced almonds, feta, and rasberry-lime vinaigrette. It was a really great salad. I have been craving something sweet, so it was perfect!
For the pasta I found a three cheese whole wheat pasta and some sliced mushrooms. I sauteed the mushrooms and topped it all off with some light Alfredo sauce. The whole meal only took about 30 minutes to make!

"Garbage in garbage out" - George Fuechsel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...