Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Resolution

Last fall, my nutrition teacher told the class they needed to do something to make themselves stand out. Among the things she listed was blogging. My best friend and I have been talking about making our blogs for entirely too long now. She made hers last night, so that means it's time for me to make mine. Usually my New Years resolutions are the same old thing: be healthier, more active, make better grades, all that. This year, I'm trying to do something more solid. For 2012, my goal is to cook more of my own food. I got a cookbook (The Biggest Loser Cookbook, I'm not ashamed) for Christmas this year so I need to start using it! Being in college, it is definitely a challenge. Sure, Ramen is cheap and easy, but it gets old real quick. I need to break out of my "sandwich every meal" routine and start cooking.


I started this morning by making myself a lovely omelet. It had 3 eggs, baked chicken, and some sharp cheddar cheese. I added a glass of 2% milk and cut up some avocado. I'm still full (which is crazy because I am constantly hungry). The omelet was delicious. My father eyed it the entire time, wishing he had chosen that over his boring cheerios. 




"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...