1. Lose weight (cha ching!)- drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. It also helps reduce hunger and has zero calories so you can drink as much as you won’t and it won’t add to your daily calorie intake! Also, it fuels your body and muscles so when you go to workout you can have enough energy to get your burn.
2. Relieves fatigue - sure, coffee can jump start your day pretty nicely but when you’re properly hydrated your body doesn’t have to work harder to pump oxygenated blood to your cells. That way, your organs aren’t exhausted and you won’t be either!
3. Better productivity at work - Your brain is mostly made up of water, so when you drink water it helps you think better. Easy enough, right?
4. Look younger with healthier skin - hydrated skin is younger looking skin! Water helps replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin, and increases skin elasticity. If only this worked in middle school.
5. Natural remedy for headache - dehydration is a common contribution to headaches, so drinking water can be an easy fix! Instead of going straight to the Advil, try a glass of water and maybe that's all you need. Water also helps relieve/prevent joint pains because hydrated muscles are more elastic and suffer less from strain.
So next time, instead of that diet coke, grab a glass of water! You'll be glad you did!
"Water is essential for all dimensions of life." - World Bank Institute (Water Policy Reform Programs)