Friday, May 25, 2012

The Color Run

The first time I found out about the Color Run I just knew I had to do it. The Color Run is a 5k (around 3 miles) in which different colors are thrown on you throughout the run. A white shirt is absolutely required!! A different color is chunked at you at each kilometer. 1k is yellow, 2k is blue, 3k is green, 4k is pink, and 5k is the color extravaganza! The colors are made, according the Color Run website, from an"elf made" secret recipe of magical color dust. Hmmmm... sounds pretty awesome to me!!!


Being a cross country runner all throughout high school and having completed my fair share of half marathons, there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to one day become a color runner! After looking at the list of cities I practically screamed with happiness when I saw that Birmingham was on the list!!! I was even more excited when I realized it was on Labor Day. Sooner than I thought I would be able to do it! AND I'm not missing a football game OR class. Roll Tide.

The "happiest 5k" looks like an explosion of fun and I can't wait to do it! I've got my white shorts and shirt - I am ready to run. Only 100 days to go until I am covered in color!!
Have a colorful day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I would love to do a colour run. Its such a shame they don't do them in the UK :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing The Color Run in December...SO stoked :)
    Looks like a blast!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...