Happy Mother's Day!!
I woke up this morning and decided today was the day to begin my Pinterest baking adventure. Dark chocolate raspberry banana bread seemed like the ideal way to start such a thing. I'm a big fan of banana-nut bread so when I saw this recipe I just had to try it!
Seeing as it was Mother's Day, I was already a little inspired to do something special around the house. Being a broke college kid, I didn't exactly splurge on platinum jewelry for my mother, so I compensated by baking a nice loaf of breakfast bread! Don't worry though, she did get some PRETTY beautiful flowers.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup granulated white sugar
4 T unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs
1.5 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup halved rasberries, tossed in 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the four, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate larger bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add the banana, yogurt, and vanilla - beat until well blended.
6. Stir in the flour mixture, just until moist. Don't over-mix.
7. Stir in the chocolate chunks and then gently stir in the raspberries.
8. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. Remove and let cool.
I would definitely recommend trying this recipe! It made for a tasty breakfast, loved it. I can't wait to try this recipe with other fruits!
Not that a loaf of bread can reward my mother for all she has had to put up with, but I know she will enjoy it for a little while. I hope everyone made sure to do something special for their mothers!!
Love you mommy! :)
"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever." - Unknown