Thursday, May 31, 2012

Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups

After a long first week of my summer anatomy class, I was desperate for some good food. I remembered a recipe I found on the internet and decided to try it out. My new roommate and I had our first real dinner at the apartment, how cute!!! I changed the recipe up a little and it turned out great! Well... according to my roommate and I at least.

The Appetizer
I placed ritz-type crackers on a plate. Sprinkled shredded mozzarella, feta, and diced tomatoes. I also spread a little of the cooking creme on the crackers (left over from the lasagna recipe). Then I microwaved them for 35-40 seconds. Totally delicious.

The Entre
Here's what you'll need:
6 lasagna noodles
10 oz philadelphia cream cheese cooking creme (Italian cheese and herb flavor)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 large egg
10 oz frozen shredded spinach
marinara sauce

Here's what you do:
1. Boil a large pot of water, with a little dash of salt, and cook the noodles until they are al dente (soft but not soggy).
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Thaw the package of spinach and be sure to drain as much water as possible. Combine the spinach with the cooking creme, mozzarella, parmesan, and egg.
3. Drain the noodles once they are cooked and allow to cool until they are handleable. Lay the noodles flat on a clean surface and spread the mixture onto them. No need to spread the mixture too thickly, once the noodles are rolled it won't make much of a difference. Roll the noodles and place them in a lasagna pan to be cooked. Be sure to spray the pan so the noodles don't stick!
4. Spread marinara along the top of the noodles and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes.
Original Recipe

1 comment:

  1. Lasagna looks gtreat... will try it...happy to follow you...
    http://www.ezcookbook.net/
    Ez Cookbook

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...