1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Coarse salt and group pepper
1. Combine chickpeas, cilantro leaves, and avocado in a food processor. I have a small food grinder and a large blender. I used the blender. It wasn't exactly ideal, but it eventually got the job done.
2. Process the ingredients until finely copped.
3. With machine running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
4. Add the lemon juice.
5. Add water - 1 tablespoon at a time - until the mixture is smooth. After the lemon juice, I didn't add any water. The mixture seemed smooth enough.
6. Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve with lemon wedges and tortilla chips!
The original recipe contained garlic, I'm not much of a fan so I didn't add that into my guacamole hummus.