Sunday, May 27, 2012

Granny Pancakes

AKA crepes. My friends and I eat these just about every time we get together. Not that we are all mature and culinary, my friend's mom still cooks them for us... BUT it has become a tradition of its own. Sadly, we have yet to devour these granny pancakes since we have all gotten back into town and I was feeling deprived of them. Having never made them myself, I was nervous about trying it out. I have made regular pancakes and am quite pro at them, but super thin pancakes? Never tried it. Turns out, it is one of the easier things in life. Having only 4 ingredients and taking less than 20 minutes or so, these granny pancakes were divine!

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk

Directions:
1. Whisk together the flour and eggs. Gradually add in the liquids. Beat mixture until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour a small portion of the batter, making sure it spreads across the pan evenly.
3. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the cooking side is lightly browned. Flip with a spatula and cook the other side.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar, roll the crepe, sprinkle more cinnamon sugar, and top it off with some fresh lemon juice! YUMMM. I did a couple with nutella too... of course.
They were so tasty I ate them right as they came off the stove! In my defense, I was rather starved. Such an amazing way to start the day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...