Saturday, May 5, 2012

Blackberry Pickin' Y'all

Lately I have been taking my pup to the University of Alabama Arboretum. The Cross Country team does some of their races there, so that is how I found out about it. It has huge grassy areas, trails through the woods, and a little pond - perfect for my energetic animal!
It used to be an old golf course that is now just sort of turned into a dog park. When I walk around I will typically see between 5 and 10 other dogs frolicking around. At the pond there are always dogs swimming, fetching, and sprinting in circles.
The first time I went, I saw a bunch of wild blackberries along the paths. I immediately picked a handful and munched on them throughout the adventure.
Needless to say, I have been getting my fruit serving of the day! The berries were more fresh, juicier, and totally free! I'm excited to go back up to Tuscaloosa, bring a basket, and fill it up with blackberries.
It is quite a perfect summer activity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...